Thursday, June 11, 2015

Fear of Confrontation

Other than being overly verbose, I also have another character flaw.  Strange as it may seem, I hate confrontations.


On-Line vs. IRL

When I first started writing this blog, it would have appeared that I had no fear of people being angry with me or starting up confrontation.  And that was true...I didn't have any fear of that on the blog.

But I could easily hide behind the anonymity of the internet, and I had a lot of very protective and faithful blog readers that were very good at protecting me from on-line bullying.

In real life, I am much less confrontational.

I particularly hate dealing with people that are vengeful and angry when I call them on their shit.

Given where I am in my career, I'd have thought I'd be beyond that...and truthfully, I'm a lot less fearful of confrontation than I used to be.  But sometimes it seems the meek way is just easier.

Current Crochet

I've made some progress on the Granite Stitch bed-foot runner.



Just a few more days and I'll be finished with this lap blanket/bed runner.  It's getting a bit unwieldy in my lap, so I'll be glad to finish it.

Readers' Comments Questions

C Piper writes, "'m currently working on a 2nd pair of your slipper socks, but I couldn't find a pattern on your Rav page to link to...are you going to post it there at some point?"

Yes...in fact the pattern is now published there too - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mens-slipper-sock

No comments:

Post a Comment