Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekly Travel

I like when co-workers ask me about my weekly travel schedule...it sounds kind of grueling, but to me it's about as grueling as most people's commute to work every day.  Only I only do it once a week.


Frequent Flier



My week usually starts off on Monday morning very early.  I wake up at 3:20 a.m. so I can get showered and to the airport by 5:00 a.m. (it's about a 50 minute drive to the place where I park my car and it takes them about 15 minutes to get me to the airport)  Since Canada is still considered an international flight, I have to be at the airport at least an hour before my flight departure...at 6:00 a.m.    I take off most weeks for Minneapolis, arriving there about 8:00 and wait for a plan to Edmonton that gets me in at about 11:00 a.m.

Having the skill of sleeping soundly on planes is a necessity for this schedule!

On Thursdays, I leave work around 4:00 p.m. to get to the Edmonton airport for a 6:00 flight to Seattle.  I get to Seattle about about 7:30 and then have a 3 hour layover there until I catch the red-eye at about 10:30 to Philadelphia.  Arriving at Philadelphia airport around 6:00 a.m. the next morning, I ideally arrive home at 7:30 a.m., where I take a 3 hour nap.

Most of the readers of this blog are knitters and might think what a great opportunity airplanes and airports would be for whipping out the current project and working on it, but alas, that happens somewhat rarely.  Sleeping, eating and getting work done takes a higher priority.



Current Knitting
None to report.  I have done a few more rows on the Zara linen stitch pullover, but if I went to all the trouble of taking a photo, it wouldn't look much different from the last photo I posted.

Readers' Comments/Questions
NC Knitter Bear writes, "Too bad that you can't get the accent mark --- what about people who blog in Spanish?  I wonder if there is some sort of plug-in for other languages?"

Actually, I can put in accents and there are many keyboards that do it automatically for typists from countries where accents are common.  I just got lazy and wanted to recognize the fact that it should have been spelled "voilĂ ."  Especially when it's a pet-peeve of mine when folks spell it "walla."

No comments:

Post a Comment