Friday, May 29, 2015

Pinterest Inspires Again

Someone pinned this photo on Pinterest (it linked to a store selling these "slippers" knitted by Lithuanian knitters):


I Can Do That!

With all the design work I've been doing on socks, I figured I could bang out a pair of these in no time.

Worsted weight yarn, US7 (4.5mm) needles, toe-up sock construction on 40 stitches until about 1/4" before the top of the instep, and then knit garter stitch flat.  A bit of kitchener stitch at the back of the heel, and Bob's-Your-Uncle, a simple pair of slippers (I also liked the contrasting crochet edge, so I added that).

I also modified the design a little by adding four stitches at the beginning of the two first garter stitch rows, and came up with these:





Totally pleased with how they came out, and I can knit up a pair in one evening in front of the television!

No comments:

Post a Comment