Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Still Glowing


Just realized how lucky I am to get to work on Men's Knitting Retreats throughout the year...it really keeps the wonderful feelings fresh.

Retreat Workshops
Ted and I have been making up the retreats as we go along, but one early decision we made, I have never regretted...which was having workshops led by volunteers from the retreat participants, and not bringing in outside talent.

This year, it was never more successful. Don't get me wrong, the retreat isn't really about the workshops, although they play a role in the forming of community.

We had a total of 11 workshops this year and one road trip to a local sheep farm. Here is the list of workshops including workshop leaders like Ted, Michael del Vecchio, Hyphen-Boy (Matthew), Crafty Andy, Kenny, and a couple of new workshop leaders (Ray, John and Chad):

- Beginning Spindle Spinning
- Blocking Lace: The BDSM of Knitting
- Simple Steeking
- Tunisian Crochet
- Helical Knitting
- Crochet For Knitters
- Two-Fisted/Two-Color Knitting
- Combined Knitting
- Patterns/How to adjust them
- Portuguese Style Knitting
- Choosing Colors that Work Together

Here are some photos from some of them...I wasn't able to shoot photos of all of them...sorry guys!














The sheep farm visit was great. We went to Foster Sheep Farms in Schuylerville, NY and in addition to having some delightful animals, they also had a great retail space with lots of their yarn.

More photos.














Of course we needed to get ice cream after all that farm work!


Current Knitting
Finally, I got a couple photos of me wearing the Zaire pullover.





This was an incredibly successful project. The resulting sweater looks good on both Thaddeus and me, it's very comfortable in almost a sweatshirt sort of way. While I would NEVER make another, I am really glad to have this one in my armoire.

I also started the new Marlowe Crawford sock design, Newland, and I'm liking it quite a bit.


I was just about up to the heel when I realized I was missing a plain row between two of the repeats, so I've ripped back and almost recovered in this photo.  I'm using two different colorways of Trekking XXL.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Kenny asked me why no pictures of him...I can only say that I won't say why I had so few of him...I think he knows. But here's one I manage to sneak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment