Monday, May 11, 2015

Effects of eReaders

A number of people who ask me how I like my eReader (Nook from Barnes & Noble), feel compelled to tell me that they prefer the feel of holding a book and turning pages.

Do I Sound Like A Salesperson?
I always feel as if I'm expected to defend eReading, and that my apprehensive "customer" is expecting me to do the hard sell on it.

I don't feel the need to do so. If you want to know what I like about my Nook, I can tell you (it's convenient for travel, I can buy a book the moment I hear about it, ebooks in general are cheaper to purchase, I can lend books to friends, it saves my place automatically, and overall, I read a lot more). But if you don't like the idea of an eReader, I am perfectly okay with you not getting one.

I'd be interested to find out if other eReader owners experience this same kind of phenomenon.

Suffice it to say, I have read a few books lately that I absolutely LOVED. I will name three, in case folks are looking for a book recommendation from someone with my aesthetic taste:

Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese

Cutting for Stone

Breakfast With Buddha by Roland Merullo

Breakfast with Buddha

Until I Find You by John Irving

Until I Find You

Current Knitting
So I got some of the top and bottom edging done on the Asherton Baby Blanket, which makes me love it even more.



Since I didn't really feel like measuring the blanket on the airplane, so I could figure out how many stitches I wanted on the side edgings, I opted to just work on weaving in ends. I'll work more on the edgings for the remainder of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment