Sunday, May 24, 2015

Aglow!!


I am pooped...my eyelids are literally drooping at 8:00 pm and they have been for the last hour or two since I've been home, but I'm also more thrilled about this year's retreat than I could possibly say.


But I'll Try!
This year, I opted for something different for my personal retreat schedule. I decided to go up two days early so I could hang out with fellow retreaters Jeff and John, who did the same thing, and also get a chance to relax and leisurely prepare the space for the retreat.

I arrived at Easton Mountain on Tuesday afternoon around 3:00.


Coming back to this part of the World each year, has started to feel more and more like coming home, or slipping into a nice warm robe on a cold rainy day. Tuesday and Wednesday were mostly cold and cloudy with a bit of rain, and I was concerned that the shorts I packed would never get worn, but fortunately, the weather for the retreat from Thursday through Sunday was nothing short of spectacular. I actually even went in the outdoor pool this past week!

The group of guys was fantastic (as usual). We had 44 guys in total for the event, and 22 of them had never been to a Men's Knitting Retreat before, so it was amazing to see how quickly everybody came together in that fantastic way they do each year. Here are some random pictures of the guys.


Aaron

Michael and John

Alan


Bob and Tom




Brady Michael and Bob



Brady



Chad

Chris


Chuck


Andy


Don


Don Chuck John and Kyle





Jack

Jeff


Me Dave and John


Joe E




John B

John C

John G


John and Kyle

Tomorrow's post will be about the workshops and roadtrips, and then I'll do a final blog entry about Show & Tell (we were blown away by the items the guys showed this year).

Current Knitting
I was able to finish the Zaire pullover in time for Show & Tell, and I am quite pleased with the result.

I'll post pictures in the next blog post.

I've just started Marlowe Crawford's new sock pattern that she again designed exclusively for the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat. I've only just started, and you've seen plenty of pictures for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment