Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Off To a Good Start

My first day and night at Easton was a beautiful start to my week of glorying in the men's knitting community.

Anticipation Builds

Easton Mountain Retreat Center is less than an hour away from the office where most of my coworkers go each day.  Since I work at home, I thought it would be a good opportunity to work a half day and get some face-time with my coworkers, and then head off on a week of vacation.

At noon, I headed off to Troy, NY to meet up with Jeff and John for lunch at a great little Middle Eastern food at this great little hole-in the wall.



And then off to Easton Mountain where we'd meet up with the other early-bird, Phil.  I never get tired of my first unobstructed view of the hill top at Easton on my drive there.



Sorry, these photos were taken with my iPhone through my car's windshield.  Enhancing them didn't help a lot, but they still always get me excited.

Finally, here is the room with most of the magic happens.


This is the big room in the main lodge building where all our full-group gatherings happen.  In a few short days it will be filled with project bags, spinning wheels, tables of yarn and books and most importantly, men.

No comments:

Post a Comment