Friday, May 1, 2015

Color and More Color

Reader Mary Lou sent me a link to a blog I read often, but specifically to a video of Kaffe talking about his early roots in knitting:

http://blog.timesunion.com/fiberarts/kaffe-speaks/15895/

I would highly recommend watching this to both hear Kaffe's views on color but also see the rich colors in his designs and his home.  Just beautiful.

Current Crochet/Knitting

Knowing I will never be able to do color combinations as sublime as Kaffe, except maybe through trial and error, I still love working with color.

In addition to finishing my latest Crochet Interlocking Wave Scarf using Koigu's KPPPM yarn, I also started another Koigu Cross Stitch Scarf.  I just started the Cross Stitch Scarf, so I'll post a photo next time, but here is the finished Interlocking Wave Scarf:




The color is shown off best in the first photo, the stitch pattern in the second, and the length/size of the scarf in the third.  A while ago, I promised to donate proceeds from the sale of this pattern to the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat Scholarship Fund and thanks to generous folks buying this pattern, I've contribute about $125 to the scholarship fund...thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment